Tuesday, August 14, 2012

.......it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

So we're all finally back home, safe and sound.  As I sit here at home on my bed, I just keep thinking of the past two weeks and everything we experienced as a group. So many emotions have been felt over the past two weeks, but I think that everyone from the team would agree with me when I say that it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Its hard to come back to America, where we live so comfortably, and think of all the people we formed relationships with and who touched our hearts as they live such challenging lives. I almost feel guilty taking a long hot shower or opening my fridge to grab a snack. It was even a little funny actually flushing the toilet paper instead of throwing it away! As much as some of us may want to go back and keep helping and showing God's Love, from here on out is when we bring the mission back to our friends and family. I feel very blessed coming home to loved ones, and I'm updating one more time to show everyone what else went on during our time in Uganda.


 
While some worked at the health clinic, others went taught hand washing skills as Jessica bathed and clothed babies in new clothes that she brought from USA. After the demonstrations, the team led by Takor participated in other activities with the kids, including singing songs, hair cutting, reading bible story books, and other fun things. The kids were all very friendly and nice, and from the smiles on their faces it was easy to see that they really enjoyed it.





As we said our goodbyes to the villagers after meeting the new converts (Harvest from the Crusades we held) and they said thank yous, there was an amazing feeling of unity. Although we didn't all speak the same language, there were many hugs and signs of friendship and relationships that had been formed. It was sad to leave the marela village, but satisfying knowing that we left them with some supplies and most importantly the Love of God. Raymond M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment.